Available in Print, PDF, and Web Formats.
Request your copy from:
Phone: (301) 634-7200
Fax: (301) 634-7990
The Road to Becoming a Biomedical Physician Scientist in Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
Avrum I. Gotlieb, MDCM, FRCPC
published by the American Society for Investigative Pathology (ASIP) and the Intersociety Council for Pathology Information (ICPI)
- What is a Physician Scientist in Pathology and Laboratory Medicine?
- Why Choose Academic Pathology and Laboratory Medicine?
- Is a Physician Scientist Career for Me?
- Choosing a Training Path (PhD followed by MD, MD/PhD, Physician Scientist
- Training Programs, Post Residency Training)
- Choosing a Program
- Choosing a Supervisor
- Searching for Your First Job
- Launching your Physician Scientist Career
- Promotions and the First Ten Years
- The Institutional Challenge to Train and Maintain Physician Scientists
- Links and Resources